The American Express is a worldwide travel, money related and system specialist service provider. During 2008, the American Express bank had tied up with different corporates in India including Indian Airlines, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) and India Today Group to launch co-branded Credit cards.
These co-branded credit cards give the clients luxurious benefit offers while acquiring individual accomplices items or administrations. During 2016, the bank represented 22.9% of the all out dollar volume of charge card exchanges in the United States of America. As of December 2016, the American Express had 109.9 million cards available for use, out of which 47.5 million cards were available for use in the United States, each with a normal yearly burning through $17,216
List of American Express Credit Cards
- The American Express ® Membership Rewards Credit Card
- The American Express® Gold Card
- The American Express® Patinum Reserve Credit Card
- The American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card
- The Jet Airways American Express® Platinum Credit Card
American Express Company (Amex)
The American Express Company is popularly known as Amex It is an American worldwide financial services company, which has its tasks all through the globe. It is headquartered in Three World Financial Center in New York City.
American Express was established in 1850. It is best known for its credit card, charge card traveler’s cheque businesses.
The American Express Bank Limited started its activities in India in 1921 and consequently has its noteworthy nearness in India. It has two focuses found one each in Gurgaon, Haryana and on Mathura Road in New Delhi. It gives Credit Card to the residential Indian clients.
Highlights of American Express Credit Card
Coming up next are the highlights of American Express Credit Card
- A choice to Cash – Credit cards of American Express is a superior choice to money. It wipes out the need to convey money of different sections to pay at the exchange counters. It is simple and the best to utilize a credit card instead of making payment cash.
- Payment can be made in domestic and foreign currency – With the utilization of American Express Credit card, the payment should be possible in any cash of inclination. It gives the holder an uncommon advantage to make payment either as far as domestic currency or as far as foreign currency and when required.
- Earn Points – American Express Credit card causes the clients to procure various focuses from in excess of 40 Payback accomplices and Payback focuses from American Express Payback Credit card for each spends.
- Pay-in-Parts Privilege – American Express Credit card gives a straightforward and savvy approach to transform huge buys of Rs 5,000 or more into simple regularly scheduled payments (EMI). It offers loan facility at a low rate of interest, without any kind of paperwork or foreclosure charges
Advantages of American Express Credit Card
Coming up next are the advantages of American Express Credit Card
- Membership Rewards – American Express Credit cards give enrollment prizes to its clients. It gives eating vouchers, gift vouchers travel vouchers, shopping vouchers and adornments vouchers which can be recovered against the collected reward points.
The aggregated points can likewise be reclaimed for food supplies, travel, design and extras, hardware and one can likewise shop with the collected points.
- Cardmember Offers – American Express has tie-ups with Leading brands on the world which gives appealing ideas to the clients. The main brands are from every one of the portions extending from goods, medicinal services, travel, inns, eating, retail outlets, etc.
- Online Services – With the appearance of the web, the banking transactions should be possible helpfully readily available. American Express offers its customers easy access to avail its facilities through online services. The customer can pay the card bill, apply for a supplementary card, check the list of transactions, and so on through online conveniently
- Insurance – American Express Credit card has tie-ups with some insurance agencies in India which incorporates, ICICI Lombard, Bharti AXA General Insurance, and PNB MetLife India. It gives a variety of Insurance facilities to the cardholders – travel insurance, car insurance, health insurance, personal accident insurance and life insurance
How to apply for American Express Credit Card?
The Applicants who wish to apply for an American Express Credit Card can do as such by either visiting the closest American Express Branch and applying for the ideal Visa Or can likewise apply for the Credit Card through the bank’s site at
Or can contact the bank by calling the customer care Merchant service toll free number at 1800-419-1414 or 0124-280-1414 (landline) from Monday to Saturday between 10 am to 9 pm.
How to apply for American Express Credit Card through Offline?
Candidates can straight forwardly stroll into the nearest branch of the American Express Bank and express the longing to get a Credit Card from the bank. The bank official will clarify them about the highlights of all the Credit Cards in the wake of understanding the yearly salary, needs, and necessities of the planned client.
When the candidate zeroes in the card according to the necessity, he/she will be approached to fill in the application form and encase the required document which incorporate PAN card, personality evidence, address verification, pay confirmation, etc.
The bank agent will altogether experience the application structure alongside the other submitted records given by the candidate and will accept a last consider whether the candidate meets the eligibility criteria for the credit card for which they have connected for. Once the check is done the applicant will be provided with the desired credit card. It will be at the discretion of the American Express Bank to decide if a customer has to be given Credit Card or not.
How to apply for American Express Credit Card through Online?
To apply for American Express Credit Card through on the web, visit the bank’s online website at www.americanexpress.com/in/and after that snap on the cards alternative which is available on the highest left half of the website page.
Now select the Credit Cards under the Personal Cards segment, it will assume you to the praise cards page which demonstrates the various sorts of Credit Cards offered by the bank alongside the highlights, compensate focuses, advantages, offers, etc. Experience all the Credit Card offered by the bank and break down the best one which suits your individual needs and necessities. In the wake of focusing on your preferred card click on the Apply currently catch which is appeared in features. It will take you to the eligibility application page, where the terms and states of the Credit card and the bank will be referenced.
Keep a duplicate of the list of document referenced in the page before pushing forward and experience these records cautiously and in the wake of seeing every one of the terms and conditions click on the space gave to give your assent that you have perused and seen every one of the subtleties as referenced in the qualification application and snap on Get Started alternative. The page gets some information about yourself, fill in every one of the subtleties effectively according to the necessities.
The list of information includes:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- email Address
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Annual Net Income (Note: The applicant will be eligible to apply for credit card, only if his/her net income on an annual basis should be more than the set limit as prescribed by the American Express Bank)
- PAN Number
- Residential Address Details
- PIN Code
- After filling in all the above-mentioned details, now click on Save and Continue option. It will take you to a new page wherein you have to fill in the details regarding
- Existing American Express Card Number, if any – so that the same may be considered for your existing KYC Documents
- Employment Status
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Pin Code
- Landline number alongside STD Code
- Office number
- Educational Level
- Aadhaar Card number
Is the address on your KYC documents is same as your current residential address?
Once the above-mentioned details are filled in click on the save and continue option to review and submit the form lastly.
Once the details are filled in, the bank will check whether the candidate is eligible to avail the credit card for which they have applied for. Based on the eligibility of the customer, they may or may not receive the credit card, it will be on the discretion of the American Express Bank to decide if a customer has to be given Credit Card or not.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for American Express Credit Card
- Applicant should be over 18 years of age.
- Applicant should have a good credit history and no payment defaults.
- If the applicant is self-employed then his/her company should be trading for more than 12 months.
- Applicant should have a good CIBIL score.
- The applicant’s personal annual income should be equal to more than the required level as set by the American Express Bank. (depending on the type of the credit card, the income requirement varies)
Required Documents for American Express Credit Card
- Recent passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card
- Latest salary slips / Income Tax Returns / Form 16
- Residential Proof documents – Election Voter ID, Passport, Ration Card, Electricity Bill, Driving License
Why Choose American Express Credit Cards?
The Credit Cards offered by American Express are intended to give extreme help to the cardholders. It has different highlights like way of life bargains, travel benefits, recompense focuses, remunerate focuses reclamation conspire, etc at the global level, which pulls in the vast majority of the important clients. The card is drafted remembering the commitment of the worldwide clients.
What is Automatic Bill Payment?
Programmed Bill installment empowers the cardholder to set up the bills that will be charged to the particular card naturally. The cardholder needs to contact the specialist co-op once and give them the subtleties of the card and approve then to charge your card consequently for every single bill. When it is set up, the cardholder need not need to stress over any due date or missed installment date, late charges or any sort of administration intrusions. Every one of the bills will be paid naturally.
How To Close American Express Bank’s Credit Card?
- A cardholder can visit the closest American Express Bank and meet an official and educate about the aim to close the current Credit card.
- Fill in the subtleties of Credit Card Closure Form and present the equivalent to the Branch Manager. When the procedure of crossing out is started, the cardholder should cut the separate Credit card corner to corner.
- The solicitation will consequently prompt the end of the extra cards. End will be compelling after installment of all sums exceptional on the card account.
- Cardholders can likewise download the Credit Card Closure Form. In the wake of topping off the structure the equivalent can be sent to The Manager of American Express Bank at the beneath referenced location:
- American Express Banking Corp., Cyber City, Tower-C, DLF Bldg. No.8, Sector-25, DLF City Ph-II, Gurgaon – 122002, Haryana, India.
- The Cardholder can likewise call the Customer Care of the American Express Bank and can drop their Credit cards anytime of time by calling the sans toll number at 1800-419-1414 for Merchant Services or 0124-280-1414 (landline) from Monday to Saturday between (10 am to 9 pm).
- For terminal or specialized help the cardholder can contact EDC Helpdesk at sans toll number 1800-419-1414 or 0124-280-1414 from Monday to Saturday between (10 am to 9 pm).
- For questions with respect to exchange approval, cardholder can call at 1800-419-5960 (Toll-Free) or 0124-280-1010 (Landline). The approval help work area is operational for day in and day out.
Coustmer can contact American Express Bank at:
- How many types of credit cards are available with American Express?
A: American Express is providing Credit Cards based on three categories:
- Premium cards: American Express Platinum Card, Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card, American Express Platinum ReserveSM Credit Card.
- Travel cards: American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card, Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card, American Express Platinum ReserveSM Credit Card.
- Rewards cards: American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card, American Express Gold Card, American Express Platinum ReserveSM Credit Card.Q: What is a charge card?
Q: What is a charge card?
A: Apart from credit cards, American Express also gives charge cards which do not have a pre-defined limit. Any outstanding amount on a charge card must be paid in full on or before the due date.
Q: What are Membership Rewards?
A: American Express credit card holders earn membership rewards whenever they use their credit card. The rate of reward-earning is different for different cards. Accumulated membership rewards can be redeemed against vouchers and merchandise given in American Express Rewards Catalogue.
Q: What happens if I pay more than the Total Amount Due? A: The extra payment is reflected in your statement/account and will be adjusted against future expenses.
A: The additional payment is reflected in your announcement/account and will be balanced against future costs.
Q: How would i be able to update my email address and contact subtleties on my American Express Credit Card account?
A: If you are utilizing Amex Online Banking facility, you can update your details through Netbanking. On the other hand, you can call up Amex coustmare care or visit their closest branch to update the details.
Q: Who can Avail American Express Credit Cards?
A: American Express gives Credit Card just to High Net Worth Individuals (HNIs). They ought to likewise have a standard wellspring of pay and a running financial record. The pay necessities may vary starting with one card then onto the next. In any case, candidates must fall in the predefined age section and should be an Indian Resident or NRI.
Q: What are the essential highlights of American Express Credit Cards?
A: American Express giving appealing highlights to Credit Card Customers as pursues:
- Guaranteed online misrepresentation security
- . A total suite of online Services.
- Zero lost card risk.
- Emergency Card Replacement
Q: How does a Credit Card vary from a Debit Card?
A: The cash that you draw out by means of Debit Card is your very own cash which is charged from the financial balance connected to your card. Then again, the cash that you spend or pull back money by means of a Credit Card is progressively similar to a momentary credit conceded by the card issuing element. Rather than satisfying this transient credit on a for every utilization premise, every one of your costs get changed over into a merged bill toward the part of the bargain cycle.
Q: Can I Link my own American Express card with Corporate card account?
A: No, it is preposterous to expect to connect your own American Express card with corporate card account. In spite of the fact that the bank is attempting to associate every one of the frameworks to present to you the most ideal experience.
Q: What advantages go with an American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card?
- There are numerous advantages related with the American Express Platinum Reserve Credit card. Some of them are:
- An appreciated endowment of 11,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points
- Cashback of up to ₹10,000 at MakeMyTrip.com
- Privileges at Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces; Preferred Hotels and Resorts and Oberoi Hotels and Resorts
- Complimentary access to American Express lounge and other local lounge crosswise over India.
- Uncommon wellbeing and health profits by Max Healthcare, Fortis Healthcare and Texas Medical Concierge Complimentary access to leading golf courses in India